Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Caper - Punks Vs. Government E.P.

I did not even know about the existence of this release. I was sure that Joe Caper ended his music activity after Righteous Pigs death. So this small release became a good surprise for me. As I understand this is a solo project of Joe's. Hmm... what a strange choice, designer put a photo with a cop cars on the front (I think that it symbolizes "Government " and power) plus he put a photo with a burning snack-bar on the back (I guess its for "Punks" and anarchy). This vinyl opens with a nice groovy riff (R.I.C.O. is full of these jumping swing rhythms and energy) that builds up into a strong metal hardcore (but there is not only hardcore, believe me there is still a small drip of punk/ grind)... Main song "Punks Vs. Government" is the best one (in my opinion). This one is full with simply rotten and noisy riffs and tempos... This song is real old hardcore punk (with grind soul). Next is "My World" and "The Klan", both are groovy (again haha). Do you feel these vibrations and the powerful noise wall? It's a flashback into the 90's (with low sound, honest emotion in the songs, etc). I guess this EP will not be liked by fans of modern hardcore and grind. But if you`re in nostalgia for old time’s sake then this is what you really need. Rating: 7.5 You can buy this EP at RSRec