Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Kill - Speed Freak Killer (Blastasfuk Grindcore/RAPS rec)

I honestly did not expect a package from the Australian label Blastasfuk Grindcore, as the chief of the label didn't notify me that he sent me something. So it was a pleasant surprise for me, hehehe. Today I want to review one of the latest releases of the label. This will be my third review of these nice guys from Melbourne, The Kill! By the way Rob, who runs Blastasfuk Grindcore, plays in this band.

Actually I had hard time trying to understand why they had to publish this CD. After all this material has already been published on a three-way split with Antigama & Noisear (also on CD), plus (while my lazy ass had no time to write a few words about this release) the same 3-way was done on vinyl ... But this release was before vinyl, so we will consider the CD as an entry point for release from Haunted Hotel Records. I never liked my neighbors, so I naturally put Speed Freak Killer very loud, hahaha!

9 napalm bombs will burn everything to the ground! Here there is not that much stuff, but it is very good! The Kill with its signature style of hardcore-ish grindcore, will always be associated with Australia for me. Oh, these guys always surprise me with their speed, it's hard to imagine how that can be done live) I bet that Jay (drums) loses one good kilo of body weight per one live set! In addition to 6 tracks that are included on the vinyl version of the 3-way split, there is still a present for you - 3 bonus tracks that have been successfully taken from various compilations. Also worth mentioning is the original Australian "theme". These guys are big fans of the cult horror movies, The Evil Dead and The Exorcist are visible in every centimeter of cover art.
PS: The cover was created by awesome French dude Pierre (brain dead zine)


Rating: 8.5/10       The Kill      Buy CD version thru Blastasfuk rec!  


 Buy tape version thru RAPS rec!