Thursday, November 12, 2015

Agathocles/Wóda i Pety (Blast Of Truth Records)

You can say anything about all these countless splits of Agathocles and how you got tired of this, but to me this is how it always been and I'm totally OK with it! Besides, you can always find some cool underground bands you didn't know about thanks to these splits, and it's no exception in this case. I didn't know much about crust scene in Poland, and BOOM here we have pretty cool band (also band members are not so young there, looking at the photos). They play crust and make it sound really oldschool. No fancy solos, no harmonic intros, everything her is simple like ABC. D-beat + harsh raw vocals + impressive crusty guitars + solid bass, nothing excessive, as you can see. It's a shame there are only 3 tracks, but they are really good and up-beat, makes your boredom go away instantly! By the way, their artwork is about World War I, which is pretty rare theme for art covers.
Agathocles did their art cover about theme that will always will be relevant - manipulation. But the overall design is kinda boring (I've seen around 10 art covers on their releases like this one here). After that, I was expecting classic mincecore as usual, and here I was totally off the road. To my surprise, I heard "Agathocles goes Motorhead", ahahah! This unexpected experiment is a true success, in my opinion. Especially I would like to note "Whisky Like Water". And it's still sounds cool and solid, even though this record is dated 2012/13.



Rating: 7,5/10   Wóda i Pety    Agathocles    Blast Of Truth Records