Sunday, January 7, 2018

Haggus / Couple Skate

In this boring daily life I'm really missing good,raw, and groovy noise music and that's why I want to write a few words about this release. We have here 2 bands, Couple Skate and Haggus, both of them recorded their vomit-swamp noises a year ago, but this vinyl split was released just a few month ago (I guess it took a lot of time to find right labels)... The cover was made by Gruesome Graphics and holy lord, it sucks 😉 This cartoon artwork, with all these stoned characters, looks pretty stupid… But I picked up this 7” not for its looks, I chose it only for the noise inside! Well we will start in alphabetical order. So Couple Skate…
These Ohio bastards recorded their songs by analog 4 track cassette deck! Hm, I`m sure that's why these noises sound so low and heavy. I really like how that guitar sounds… man, that is harsh. These buzzing noises are pure barbarity! Also I can say the same about the vomit vocals. They are a real savage roars. And this noisy story ends with goofy drums, which perfectly fit in this music mess.
Californian Mince/Gore terrorists are the next in line! You all perfectly know how these guys love to create a good catchy song. But I must say that this first track hooked me up! The “Unsuccessful Musician” contains some sort of old punk spirit (good memorable melodies that try to remain stuck in your head) this song really makes me swing. Next 7 songs are a little bit harsher, they sound more “usual” for this band. There is a lot of sonorous sound of drums, screaming guitar and ugly distorted vocals and simple, but, very catchy rhythms.
In the very end I can only add that this raw split can save your boring evening, just make the sound louder, hahaha!


Rating: 8/10 Haggus fb Couple Skate fb


Buy this record at www.GrindFatherProd.com