Sunday, February 7, 2016

Deathtopia - Caesarean Section (Splatter Zombie Records)

Perhaps someone will say that this is off-topic for GGGG, that can be true, but fuck it! I just could not pass by this album! Absolutely ugly cover (which reminded me of a cheap Mexican gore album) has very cool stuff behind it! I love American band Exhumed, but when they started to play some crossover thrash, I was really disappointed. So this is what I gonna tell you - while listening to these Japanese samurai, I dive into the atmosphere of the strongest works of Exhumed! But I must also add that Deathtopia is not a clone of those Americans. 
Caesarean Section is a second album of these guys. Originally there should be a total of 10 songs, but for the compact disc edition there goes bonus track #11. Great juicy sound - that's what I feel immediately when I listen to this album. Sound pressure does not go down even for a second, like in old school death metal (with the addition of cadaveric rot of course;)). What delivers most of all is that filthy vocals on a background of guitar solos. On those solo moments I remembered the good old Autopsy, hehe. And of course, the picture would not be complete without drums violence, I really liked that, especially the fact that there is not a single stroke that would go out of the overall picture. 
PS: For all of you who love butcher stories, the booklet has all the lyrics. Very tasty bedtime reading for young fans of Dahmer and Albert Fish))) 


Rating: 9/10           Deathtopia       Order this CD here!