Monday, May 25, 2015

Sedem Minut Strachu (25.05.15)


Oh my, who do we have here?! Richard, Rado and Jan, welcome to our humble blog and cheers!

Rado: Seek hi! 

Jan: Thank you, Hi.

Richard: Cheers Alexander, Thank you for your invitation.

Ok, let's begin with a couple of beers, hehe, and a story about how you formed a band and started making noise in old garage! How was it?

Rado: I take beers, let guys take the question.

Jan: That's it .... Cheers!!!! Rado came with the idea and asked me at the Exhumed gig. Richard joined the discussion and so the lineup was complete. Rado had it all well thought out and his offer simply couldn't be rejected. And so we jumped on it from the very begenning with the one goal, to make the biggest noise disaster as possible.

Richard: Yes, it's true.

I've seen a lot of bands with different instrument sets, sometimes pretty strange, but that's the first time I hear a noise with 2 basses (noisy sludge band Loinen doesn't count)... Who came up with an idea of 2 basses? Are you tired of guitar sound?

Rado: The less strings the better, especialy for those with no skills. we wanted to play extreme, massive, fast music and we thought distorted bass is much better to achieve this with. we can't really play guitars and nor we need to, to concentrate on riffs and chords is a waste of time, it only degrees the real aggression and violence of production, because you have to watch out for what you are doing with your fingers. Fuck that! If you still can follow any stupid riffs or chords means the music is not enough loud, not enough brutal and violent. And I don't care about Loinen but Zyanose has 2 basses and rule!

Jan: If you want to make a real noise disaster you need two bases, there was no doubt about it. Guitar can't make your guts move as bass can and when you play your bass throught the max. distortion you don't even need to know to play the instrument, you can just simply bang! Sedem Minut Strachu will always mean two bases!!!!

Richard: If you want to make really massive noise you need something that can do it and guitar is definitely not enough to, so that's why it was obvious from the begenning we will use 2 basses.


You're pretty peculiar band, but everybody knows that there's no fire without a spark. What was that spark? Who inspired you to continue your noisy art?

Rado: Hmm, peculiar, thank you ... I didn't waste the time with inspirations, I always wanted to be like Fear Of God, 7MON, Rapt and those realy aggressive, dirty, lo-fi, extreme bands, so we rip them off as much as possible, because there is no way you can be better in grind/noise than them. Gowl are our new gods, we are going to rip them off next!

Jan: The thing is that I don't even listen to noise or noisecore at home, except for very few bands, I better play it haha. So I can't say any of these bands that influenced me. What I do with Richard and Rado is my pure pleasure, that's the most important thing and I can perfectly relax that way as well.

Richard: I really like japanesse noise / grind acts Nikudorei, D.I.E., World, Final Exit, etc. and they inspired me from the start.

Jan, don't you miss the good ol' days with Idiots Parade? Is there any chance we would see the reunion? Or this corpse will never be ressurected even by Frankenstine himself?

Jan: Of course I miss them, you better believe that! But luckily I have a band where I can continue with the playing and so it's not that drastic, but still I offten think about the old times. It was a great fun, we have met many new people, played many interesting places and always had fun. As about the reunion, people always ask this so I'm not surprised here, haha. In the nearest future for sure not, because there is no time for that nor we have energy to do it. Each of us has many different things to do and to force these things is not a good idea.

Rado:  I have super rare I.P. t-shirt with Jan's snot on it for sale!
Richard: I got all signed master CD's from studio for sale!


I remember that I have seen somewhere an info about your tour with your friends Abortion. Is it still just plans? And of course I should ask this question, do you plan to make split with them?

Rado: We are against Abortion, we are very pro demented child born, raped girls by their christian step fathers becoming great mothers and all that cool shit so you see, we had to cancel our tour with Abortion. 

Jan: Often things go different way as planned and that was the thing with this Abortion tour as well. It was quite well thought out, we just didn't manage to finnish it as we wished. The split is planned for quite a long time and I do believe it will ends up better than the tour. For now I will not tell you more, since we have no exact details about this.

Richard: This tour was planned for september 2014 but we didn't successed to book all the dates, mainly because of people being overfed by gigs and fests after the summer. For the future the tour and the split with friends abortions is not ruled out.

I guess I ask too much questions about OEF, but nothing to be done here, hehe) This year you'll attend this festival with veterans of the scene 7MON! Did you get all excited when Curby confirmed your attending?

Rado: Don't worry, there is never enough questions to be asked about OEF 2015 where we will play with 7MON and Deche-Charge. Seven fucking Minutes of Nausea and Deche fucking Charge!! And yes, I had to go scream silently to the toilet at my office when I got Curby's message about it. Fuckin' hell, 7MON & D-Ch ... I have to go again.

Jan: Obscene Extreme will be a huge party. We fuckin' look forward to it!!!! To play on this legendary stage together with bands like 7MON, Deche-Charge, Hemdale, Obituary etc will be the real experience for sure.

Richard: For me it is a huge compliment to share a stage with the founders of the style 7MON and veterans Deche-Charge especialy at the Bojiste in Trutnov,  which I irregularly attend since the first year in 1999. Huge thanks to Curby for his invitation!


You're always improvising during live shows, right? Or am I wrong (which I doubt, hehe) and you perform well-rehearsed songs from your splits?

Rado: Ahh man, it's complicated, for me at least. We rehearse, well, mostly poses and signals, but still, in blood, sweat and beers for weeks, than I drink a lot before the gig not to be shy and nervous, and than I play completely improvised shit since I forgot everything.

Jan: Improvisation is the only way how you can totally relax. You don't need to watch out for mistakes you can just bang as fuck like a madman. We have some signals and agreed things but that's realy the minimum. Even when we talk befor the set about some basic scheme, it always ends up completely different.

Richard: Noisecore improvisation is the way to the total end!

Does the place for a gig matters for you? I mean, is it okay for you to perform in an old garage? Or maybe you prefer more big and crowded stage? Do you need only a good feedback from the fans or something more?

Rado: Small stage, club, garage is great for me, I love when gigs are packed, when you can feel the beer and sweat and where you can get a tit's smash through your face ... sometimes. Good feedback is great, beer offers after are better, girls and coke are probably the best, but we don't know yet. 

Jan: Small places suit us much better than big stages. To be squeezed and feel the energy from the people having fun is much more intensive that to be on a huge stage. We also like a lot many different, not so common places and gigs where we have already played like empty shop or cottage with friends.

Richard: Small places with no stage are the best to spread our mission.

Pretty generic question is on the way, although I can't pass it. What do you plan to release this year? Recently we discovered about your upcoming split with Czech dinosaurs PTAO, it's damn great, if you ask me! So, come on, guys, tell us a bit more!)

Rado: PTAO are great friends and noisecore gods, seriously, one of my personal top bands I wanted to do a split with. Other than that we have scheduled splits with Oksennus, Deche-Charge, 7MON and I think Shitnoise Bastards, and full LP and I don't know what else, we are always busy, we love to be busy with this band!

Jan: I am looking forward to split with PTAO very much!!!! well, as much as I always look forward to every release hehe. We have some more plans (and some of that are pretty big things) but Rado and Richard will tell you more about that, I get sometimes lost myself in this, hehe.

Richard: Many tape splits are planned for example with Paranoia, NoiseAttack, Corroded Braincells, Castration Rite than promo 2015 tape for Noisecore Fest at OEF is planned, 6way 7"Ep with slovak grindcore bands  is at the pressing plant now, latr this year "General Fucking" full 7"Ep some collaboration and many other things ...

Jan, here's another question for you. How was it to transform into noise-maker? Cause before that you played fastcore sick as fuck, that's pretty strange, don't you think so?)

Jan: I never thought about this for some reason. I just love to play fast and crazy. In Sedem Minut Strachu I can play whatever comes to my mind and that's the best thing about it. It's more easy because I don't have to take care if I don't makes any mistakes or if the rhythm is perfect. I never was extra technical drummer and so I had absolutely no problem about this.

Rado: I can make cool paparazzi photo of Jan changing his socks for quite cheap, pm me.

Well, sorry, guys, I know you're getting asked this all the time, but I'm gonna do it too. Why put bags on your heads?)

Rado: You are actually the first who ask, so you will get the truth: Rado is ashamed of his big, bald head, Jan needs to hide his stupid grimaces when playing and Richard is too sweet for a noisecore band, so that's why we use onion bags for gigs. The made up, noisecore stories are: we are redneck bank robbers, radical bio-eco blackmetal gang, Ghost revival from Uganda and smart as fuck, shocking hipster artrock band.

Jan: I hate onion and so when I have that stinky onion bag on my face it makes me even more frantic and mad and so I can play even more aggressive.

Richard: Because we simply can't see each other.

What drink is ideal while listening to your stuff? 

Rado: 4 lagers, 2 Jagermeister and 2 more lagers.

Jan: Anything that will ends up your thirst from the good, fat joint.

Richard: Many beers and to smoke big, fat joints.

And tha's all, folks! Thank you so much for this interview! A couple of words to our readers, please.

Rado: Thank you very much! Sand, knife, fart, glass and pencil. 

Jan: Big thanks Alex for the space and your support to rhis fuckin noisy band. Noise forever!!!!!

Richard: It was my pleasure to answer your questions, thank you  for your interest in Sedem Minut Strachu.


For more info: