Friday, May 22, 2015

Agathocles / WxOxBx (Miskatonik Records)


A long-awaited spring is in… whole shebang devours infusive force. Tom-catting is doing in every corner… frolicsome cannibals give flowers and meat to their ladyloves in the neck of Amazonian rainforests. One fine spring day, in my mailbox I saw a package from the farness of Spain. I surgically removed the outer layer, and "Agathocles & WxOxBx" split was unearthed! 
Dear friends of mine, i am quiet lucky, as I received one of 100 limited blue vinils. As good as it gets :) So, we begin at belgian side. These old residents unveil 2 tracks and Uitschot cover. They recorded their tracks in 2013 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I won't trouble you with the details. I like Agathocles, the split is amid familiar tone. Qualititive raw mincecore outgush into my ears, thank them ever so much. I have more to say about the cover thereagainst. Belgian side is called “Korose USA”. A wartime photo emblematizes this release. A child weeping next to his mother's corpse… dolful face of that foundamental human blunder– the Second Great war. If i am not mistaking, a word “korose” means “swear” in Japanese. I am unheard of WxOxBx, let's fix this fault! The Spanish put intro and 4 tracks on the vinil. Their grind kibbles spanish celerity! I can't say that the music is sophisticated or very fast, but guys are onto something. Especially i digged Holocausto Canibal soundtrack, it sounds chucklesome. Taking stock, if you enjoy Ruggero Deodato and such-like horrormeisters and if you're keen on fast and loud music - these guys are what you've been looking for! 


Rating: 7/10      Miskatonik      Agathocles