Monday, June 26, 2017

Violent Gorge / Lt. Dan

Okay punks, this day finally came! I don’t even remember when this release was originally supposed to come out… I guess it should have happened a couple of years ago. But anyway, I`m really happy that this shit is finally out! Well let's traditionally start with the visual part of this smelly thing. When I first looked at this picture, what my mind said was something like “A rotting nation can birth only dead children”. I don't know if the artist meant the same but that not necessary. Its an old but nice piece work for Russian artist Jon, that guy has a real talent for this kind of art. Annndd here is a moment what the needle touches vinyl and booom! Dirty powerful blasts from maestro Joe and his guys. I've heard a lot of VG stuff and I can definitely say that this material is some of the best. Intense, aggressive, sometimes stupid and full of good fun. This record has pretty bad sound but no matter what these songs rock! Some swing riffs, fast and slow (dance) tempos will make you crazy. If you`re dirty noise freak then this stuff is 100% for you! If I'm remembering this right this is the last Lt. Dan recording. Well this stuff is pretty nice, raw Mince/Grind… but these songs remind me Agathocles and sometimes Archagathus. I don’t want to say that Lt. Dan is a clone but this material does not have its own distinctive feature. Nice raw sound, simple riffs and tempos which are typical for Mincecore and thats unfortunately all. It's a pity but, this record session did not touch me. Rating: Violent Gorge - 8 Lt. Dan - 7

If you want this split then shoot your orders to Bloodspit Records