Sunday, June 24, 2018

Execution Mania - S/T

We have another strong debut here. Finland`s womb just regurgitated a new grind band, meet Execution Mania from Helsinki. As I know this band includes musicians from Pelkotila and Unohdettu Tulevaisuus... And this collaboration brought a good Grind result. The case with bands like Execution Mania is - you either like, or hate them. You either "get" the noise or you don't. If you like fast, dirty and heavy music with crazy vocals and messy sound then this EP might be for you. The tape is short but, this didn't stop the guys from putting in a maximum portion of ferocity. Like I said, the whole sound is muddy and some of the instruments merge into one ugly piece. But, I should say that this noise has a lot of live energy and swinging catchy riffs. These guys are mixing old school Grindcore with Mincecore (I feel the influences of Archagathus and Agathocles). I like that they didn't use a pitch shifter and other “modern” equipment. That “real” yelling, roars and raw blastings sounds so savage... I think that the direction Execution Mania have taken from this debut is really promising and I'm sure these guys will show even more badass noise in the near future. Rating: 7.5/10 Execution Mania bc Executionmania fb