Thursday, March 23, 2017

Agathocles ‎– Bulldozing Bucharest (Grindfather Productions)

Yeah, yeah and fuck yeah! Agathocles released one more record, he-he) And today I will tell you how the Belgian mincecore veterans fought against vampires in the gloomy mountains of Romania, ahah!) The Bulldozing Bucharest cassette features a live recording of the Saturday evening of 2010. Damn, this setlist is impressive ... 33 songs of an unchanging, rude and evil mincecore. And now I want to concentrate a little more on the record itself. It's a bit noisy and raw, but at the same time, it sounds very respectable. But here the sound engineer slightly went too far with the guitar (as it seems to me), guitar sound strongly pushed forward and its overlaps the bass guitar. Despite all these moments, I cheerfully shook my head under these sloppy rhythms. This tape perfectly brightened up my evening. Roaring Jan and his loud guitar, the bumpy Bram's bass and the continuous Nils' drum beats have become a good company to me!). And finally, check out how this cassette is made out. The designer used a lot of red color (vampire theme after all, heh). And frankly I genuinely laughed to this funny cover-art (in sense of its funny idea), that's about to squash a vampire priest or a monk (it's hard to figure it out) by a huge mincecore-bulldozer… Generally, without a help of any crosses, but only with the help of beer and fearful songs about the shit that surrounds us, the trio Agathocles defeated the fanged monsters :) 

Rating: 7,5/10     Agathocles 


You can order this tape at Grindfather prod!