Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Striver / Vengeance

Magenta, Yellow, and Black... these colors match nicely and are making facade for this split. Very pleasant and unusual layout and design (like I've seen on the split Vengeance / Jugular Scars and nowhere else) will appeal to those who like to savor not only the musical part but also the visual side of releases. It was a pleasure to find this French-Canadian split in my mailbox. I think this little release is not getting enough attention, and many people never heard of it. But we'll fix this situation!
Canadian Striver reminds me of street thugs who pop up without warning from behind a corner and hit you right in your face! What am I going to? What I mean is that the set of these guys is very short, like a flash, but extremely burning. Oh, it's definitely one of the best Canadian grindcore things I've ever heard! Very fast and energetic! Cutting guitar and bass sound coupled with hysterical screaming vocals, then this mass is mixed with freaking drum beats, thus creating devastating sound effect that will break your skull! French Vengeance, though not as destructive as the Striver, but also good. I understand that it is one of the two splits that they have, and I have not heard anything more about this band, which is bad. I really like their atmospheric violence. In its “noise”, Vengeance combines fastcore and grindcore, but you can also hear some crust here! Fast, dangerous, and energetic - it is only a couple of words that can be characteristics of their side. I always knew that the female vocals in this music sounds like a nice decoration, and while listening to these songs, I am convinced again. Rating: Striver - 8.5 / 10 Vengeance: 7.5 / 10

Labels which released this split: Doomsday Machine Records, D7i Records, Le Mort Records, Bonobo Stomp, Dirty Guys Rock, Nuclear Alcoholocaust