Friday, November 7, 2014

Dead Infection (07.11.14)

Hi, Cyjan! How’re you doing? Have you bought tickets to USA already? I heard you get a lot of requests to joy local sycos with your bloody shows, hehe) 

Hi! We didn’t buy tickets to States yet, hovewer we have plans to come back there in 2015. We still get some offers from there so we’ll see soon.

Recently your split with veterans from Poland Parricide was released! And the question is, who came up with this hilarious art for your side? Bloody tyrant cat Hitler, that’s something new, if you ask me!)

   - Idea to make cover art like this was mine.The creator of this hilarious design was Hal (our ex-bassplayer, VADER now). He also did other arts for us. He understands my visions very well. I love cats, especially with moustache a’la Adolf. But it’s some kind of humour, of course. Let no one takes it seriously.





I heard a lot of stories about some freaks that actually were on autopsies to feel this atmosphere and to express that in their songs. Did you do that kind of thing too?)

I never did it, and I think I don’t want to. Paradoxically, I’m not a crazy gore maniac. Books and movies are sufficient inspiration to me.

I looked through your Facebook page and found an info about recording a single Tremors In The Morgue, I guess, it will also be on the upcoming album, or am I mistaken?

„Tremors in the morgue” is released as digital single, only to download from e-stores. This song will not appears on any releases in the future.

Soon we will hear Mexican tribute to Dead Infection! Do you like this kind of things? Or is it too much to make a tribute to still active band?

Of course, I do. I really enjoy releases like that. Some year ago I was little bit opposed to tributes paid to active bands. But when I found out that there’s idea to do something like that for us, I couldn’t say no. We’re happy to know that our music is important to many people ?.

Since the band was formed, a lot of people came in and went out of it, you are the only one former member :) Do you still keep contact with all ex-members? I would like to know what happened to Jaro, I heard that he’s got a family somewhere on British shores…

I still keep in touch with some of ex-members, but not all of them. Jaro moved abroad. I don’t keep in touch with him, so I don’t know if he’s got family or not. I’m not interested.


What is the best dead infection or sickness for destroying humanity? Nowadays there’s a lot of talks about Ebola, what can you say about that?

I’m not sure. Maybe Ebola is a real virus or maybe it’s controlled by scientists. Anyway, people will destroy themselves.

As far as I know, you like to listen to old pop music and bloody gore? Is there any chance Madonna could be on back-vox in DI? Or maybe you would like to see someone else there?)

  The fact is that I really like pop music, especially of 70/80ths. Madonna is good. But my the best band is ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA. I love them. About brutal music... I also prefer the bands who were pioneers of this style. I’m not looking for too much in music nowadays. I’m more old-fashioned.

So, while I was distracted by looking through new cool bands in the world’s underground scene, I completely missed that new bassist came to you (my bad!) Tell us about him, what is his infection and how long does he have it?

Our new bassplayer is Yaro (sounds like Jaro, I know). He started his infection at the beginning of 2014. He used to play before in some small local bands. I really like this guy, and enjoy our cooperation.

Imagine that you steal people’s organs, what would you do to the rest of the body? A: put it in the bath full of ice; B: leave it somewhere in the park so people would find it; C: no body – no problem.

The right answer is D. I would go to the cinema to watch some gory drama :)


Cyjan, you played in many bands, I remember that you also play in death-thrash band Evil Machine, tell us about this band a little. And also tell us your top-5 thrash metal bands.

EVIL MACHINE was idea of my friend Semi. He and Hal (our ex-bassplayer, VADER now) wanted to create the band that would be some kind of tribute to 80ths - old period of metal music and its beginning. Just sitting together in the pub, and drinking some beer they asked me if I could help them to release drum parts. I agreed. That’s all. My top thrash metal bands? SLAYER, old KREATOR, old SODOM.

As far as I remember, you and Squash Bowels are from the same city (if I remember correctly, DI is 4 years older also), did you like their last album “Grindcoholism”?

SQUASH BOWELS was from the same city in 90ths, but not anymore. Voc./bassplayer Arthur moved to Belgium. Guitarrist and drummer are from the capital area. So as you can see, there’s already no one left from our city Bialystok now. Anyway, I keep in touch with Arthur from time to time. We’ve  hang out together last Summer at „Obscene Fest”. Yes, I like „Grindcoholism” album.

What could happen if UFO take by mistake some drunk Russian guy? (Notice: he doesn’t have a bear-fighter)


Have been shaved on the testis and brutally raped by extraterrestrial capitalists ?

I know that you like to eat hearty meat and drink good alcohol with it. What do you think about vegans, sxe and all this stuff?

I also like vegan food from time to time. But the man is a carnivorous mammal and should eat meat.:)

Thank you so much for this opportunity to tell people about life of Dead Infection! Couple of final words from you, please)

Thanx for the interview and good fuckin’ luck!

For more info:
DI fb page
DI shop