Monday, December 17, 2018

Nak'ay / Pizza Hi Five

Grind addicts like me spend a lot of time on the internet searching for good noise. Despite the fact that this is an old release, Nak'ay / Pizza Hi Five was one of these split that I was excited to find back in 2015. I listened to it on bandcamp tons of times, this really good noise, years after I finally got a hard copy from Psychocontrol Records and damn, that day I was happiest freak in this part of the world. One of the first things that caught me was this silly art. It reminds me covers from thrash metal/crossover era. It simple, punky, aggressive and stupid; everything that we love in arts like this.    

Chainsaw riffs, blast beats and murder vocals are what Nak'ay has to offer. Side A is full of smashing riffs and heavy sound, this noise is invite you to headbang or to mosh. But there are not only short and brutal riffs I found there some nice solos and few harsh melodies (they had some death metal taste). Drum work is impressive, these blast beats are so intensive and fast. Savage vocal style is just perfect for this ugly mess. Unfortunately this side is so fucking short, I'm tired to moving the needle to the beginning of the first song, haha!

Noise terrorist from Pizza Hi Five are closing this split with really robust material. The whole side is groovy, catchy… this grindcore has more punk spirit than Nakay has. The energy of this noise is so strong it charged me, I really appreciate things like that in grindcore. Buzzing guitar is cool, cookie monster vocal is loud and crazy and the blast beats are fast… perfect ingredients for good grind pizza.

Rating: 8/10 Nak'ay Pizza Hi Five

Remember guys,keep the underground music scene strong by supporting the artist/band/labelsGet your physical copy HERE!