Thursday, November 8, 2018

Slund - If You're Angry And You Know It, Clap Your Hands

What can one angry man from Slovenia do? In this situation one unit can be as effective as an entire army. So Slund is a projection of anger and protest of only one person, and it`s really hard to believe that. To present this band, I picked up a more or less fresh release (“If You're Angry And You Know It, Clap Your Hands” was released at the end of this spring), it contains 11 minutes of noise, so it`s more than enough to understand the whole concept, sound and other aspects. After hearing the guitar tone on this album, I knew I had to get it, and I’m sure glad I did. Musically, well, it’s Grindcore, not much to say here, the whole album is driven by ultra fast drum patterns, done by a drum machine, which gives off a bit of a digital sound (they are super loud too, but it works for me). The vocals are hysterical, loud and crazy, just how it should be. This music has a Grindcore base but I noticed few tasty slow Sludgy moments here and there. And of course the guy behind this project is a huge fan of Hardcore Punk, many of these tracks have a bitter taste of that genre. I won't lie, I caught a lot of influences from old bands in this material, but I can`t mark Slund as a copy. This Grind has its own spirit, style and taste.

Best song: The Slund Boogi

Rating: 7.5/10   Slund bc      Slund fb 

Remember guys,keep the underground music scene strong by supporting the artist/band/labels.