Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Meatknife - Junky Town (Clabasster Records)

Meatknife is an old (they started at 1995) and pretty famous band from thhe deepest and most perverted dungeons of Germany. With 6 albums behind them, they back with the brand new album “Junky Town”! This 7th album has 16 songs, and as always, all material is full of crazy perverted themes, and it`s done in the recognizable Meatknife style, but I will talk about that a bit later. I don't know who the artistof this mad art is, but that person did a good job. This art full of madness, anti-tolerance, violence and blood… Destroyed future, total anarchy on the streets, psychopathic clowns (the artist drew all members of the band), blood, drugs, and 100% harsh perversion... I believe this picture is suits perfectly to this “music”. But is that true? Am I right? Let's check! Oh, boy, I don`t know how to start… First of all, I notice huge changes in sound; it's super clean and could be compared with sound of Metallica or Slipknot. I expected something nasty that would continue the “Pimple with Pus” line, and would fit to the main image. Well I was wrong… The whole album sounds too digitalized, especially in the guitar tone, bass drum, cymbals and snare drum. They are simply dry and juiceless, foor my taste of course. Also, I didn't get these break down moments(like in Lucille song)... this trick sounds cheap. For a positive moment, I like all of the crazy intros, they are great. I want to highlight the intro in the “Dirty Sanches” track, that part is funnier that the song. Also I caught the slow groove in “Grind-A-Billy”, that refrain is stupid and awesome. I can`t say that I dig this album, this modern slamming grooves is just not my piece of rotten pie. Rating: 6.5/10 Meatknife fb

Remember guys,keep the underground music scene strong by supporting the artist/band/labelsGet your physical copy HERE!