Saturday, August 18, 2018

Oxidised Razor - Mors Vehementi


This year the old grinders from Oxidised Razor are celebrating their 20th anniversary. I must say that is big date, I believe that's why they did a very big Euro tour (it was a real pleasure to hang out with theme at OEF). Also this year they have released a new album. Mors Vehementi is the 5th full length album from these bloody Mexicans and it is dedicated (of course😉) to their favorite themes: blood, rotten remains, violence and serial killers.
To be honest this cover art didn't work for me, it looks cheesy and disgusting, not much else. But the artist drew the whole band as zombies (you will find that image inside the booklet) and that looks very massive.  I like that there is a quote Jeffrey Dahmer, that make this design a bit spicier and interesting.

Before diving into the music and gore, it’s important to note the minor change in the lineup. Now Oxidised Razor have a new vocalist and bass player. So the major difference is in the vocals, now it sounds more classical, more low, there are no high gurgles anymore. As for the instrumental part it is the same old Oxidised Razor. Goofy and punky drums, crusty bass sound and chainsaw guitar. On this album I noticed a lot nice hardcore punk moments, twisting and groovy they are the main energy of this album (in my opinion). Sometimes I had the feeling that the guys were improvising to be quite honest. Sorry to say but, I can’t say that I`ve found a lot of catchy and memorable songs… I know that these amigos could do better.

Rating: 7/10     Oxidised Razor fb