Thursday, August 16, 2018

Grid - Human Collapse Syndrome

Here we are now, two years later, with new noise from Grid. Human Collapse Syndrome is the second attack from these Swedish commandos, and I found some very good changes in it… I must say this work sounds more mature. Yes, there is only 10 minutes, but I enjoyed them lot. I think that these guys have found their sound and speed; it's heavy and deep with a light touch of modernity.

The mini-gun sounding guitar shoots very tight riffs, and literally annihilate everything with fast buzzing tunes. Skull thumping drums could crash the rock; I like how this snare sounds. And, of course, these blast beats are good, I like that they didn't clutter everything, as they are somewhere on the same line with the guitar. A nice distorted bass is there too, just go and check out the two last songs “Fooled” and “Out Of Air”. Pleasant screams and roars are cover everything above and holy moly this type of vocal is a perfect fit to this grinding madness. I can hear a lot influences from Nasum (I bet this is an iconic band to them). I found similar riffs there and there, but anyway this recording session is damn catchy.

After all that crazy rush you may think that this noise were created by group of skilled musicians? Yes they're pretty skilled but there is only two guys! Grid is just a duo, and I think these airheads have a big future.
Rating: 8,5/10 Grid bc Grid fb