Saturday, April 14, 2018

Clit Eastwood/Cadaveric Spasm (Horror Pain Gore Death Productions)

I was mildly surprised by a knock at my door. Not knowing whom it was I answer to find my mailman with a parcel for me. Not sure what to expect I open it to find it is from the fellas in Cadaveric Spasm! So here I am sitting down at my computer popping in their split with Clit Eastwood. The cover art is rather intriguing. Showing what looks like people being fed into a meat grinder, that's been forced into the ear of a giant head which is vomiting up the ground remains. But, enough about this obscure image. We are here to talk music! Starting this split off in a rather obscure and ferocious manor, Cadaveric Spasm assault the ears with relentless Grind. You can hear the undertones of Thrash here and there. What gives this band a more peculiar depth however is the use of atmospheric tones coming from what I can only assume is a synthesizer. There are also moments of humor riddled throughout this massacre of the senses. The dual vocals radiate a sense of horror and pain from the individuals unleashing them. Front to back this side of the split is absolutely brilliant! Now we dive into Clit Eastwood. This band is unfamiliar to me, but I'm quite intrigued as to what they'll bring to the table. Starting off we are hit with a whirlwind of Dbeat Grinding goodness. Ghastly vocals,crunchy guitar and bass,with a drummer setting the pace for everything perfectly. This band takes no prisoners, their songs are short,abrupt,ferocious and down right filthy! You may also catch elements of Old Punk and the occasional clean singing which was the last thing I'd expected to hear in Grind, but curiously enough it fit well. Needless to say I was very surprised by Clit Eastwood. I came I to their side of the split not really sure what to expecr, but I'm quite pleased. Rating for both sides: 7/10 Cadaveric Spasm Clit Eastwood

review by Shawn Peck