Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Splat - Dead Fucking Bodies (Viscera Records)

Yep… it was so long ago when I had a chance to review something that really sounds bad. Today I will be suffering from noises of the guys who are totally in love with old zombie films. Splat is a band (I believe that I can call it that, totally unknown) with a drum program in the background whose sound reminds me of Noise, more than anything that can be named Goregrind. However this small CDr release has a pretty lovely cover with Leatherface on it (unfortunately that didn't help to make this release better). Sadly, these guys used damn great iconic samples for such material… Bass and guitar united in something indiscriminate and annoying. I can't avoid to write about the vocal… that part makes me freaking sad. The guys whos name is “Zombie” didn't use a pitch shifter, that is his choice and I respect that, but his strange growl is so weak, that it ruins everything. But apart from everything bad, there is something nice. It's a Mortician cover, this song stands out from the whole CD, the guys managed to record that song with nice diy sound… Which made me think about why all the other songs fell so flat… Rating: 4.5/10 Released by Viscera Records