Thursday, March 22, 2018

Gore / Impalement Mouths Sodomy (Viscera Records)

Goregrind has always been a lovely genre for me. The genre is loaded to the top with serious themes about serial killers, bloody murders, mutations and stupid gore jokes. The last few last years there was a huge ugly wave that came across our planet which gave birth to many new bands. Well sometimes it's hard to find something really worthy in that heap of slime, but we always have an old band, that's still active and still rocks! So that's why I picked up this new split of Brazilian legends, Gore. For this split they chose a filthy one man project, named Impalement Mouths Sodomy. I can compare this release with the corpse that is Clogged in the Tank. This CD contains not just 1 corpse, this CD contains 23 corpse pieces, and they smell very bad. Both sides have their own covers art, but they are equally disgusting, haha! Gore is old school oriented band. I always liked this band, because almost all of their material is great (it's not too diverse but,still delicious). Through the years this band has had a lot of troubles with line ups, but that didn't effect the gore passion in them. The guitar riffs still have a taste of old-school Death Metal and Goregrind, the buzzing tremolo picking reminds me of Carcass, Dead Infection,etc... All polka, blast, d and other beats are "alive". They were recorded by a guest drummer. And about the vocals. There is a huge load of vomit sound in the vocals… Pitch shifted noises are perfectly fit in this gory mess of blood and meat remains. I believe that I can tag Impalement Mouths Sodomy as some sort of Gorenoise. This muddy noisy band is a child of Ivan (Cannibe). The best shot of this recording session is the first track "Cataclysm Of The Brain". After a creepy horror movie sample begins a reel of vomiting ugliness! That track is the most memorable here (I guess because all other songs are very similar), unfortunately everything else is not memorable at all. I listened to the whole side and after few minutes I forgot about what I had listened to…

Rating: Gore 7.5/10    Impalement Mouths Sodomy 6/10    This CD released by Viscera Records