Friday, March 16, 2018

Cannibe - A Basket Full Of Vaginal Maggots

I'm always trying to avoid morally ambiguous bands… There are a lot of people who claim this band as not Goregrind, weak, cheap and ballsless. That caught my attention, I wanted to find out what was happening with this band Cannibe. And that's why I ended up with this compilation. “A Basket Full Of Vaginal Maggots” is a big thing which covers all releases from 2012 to 2013. This trash container holds 29 tons (songs) of vomit and I must notice... this stuff is pretty long (for me it was hard to listen to this CD all the way to the end). The cover art is fairly typical of the Goregrind movement. Well who would be surprised with such a disgusting face and poor design (it reminds me low quality Mexican Gore bands)? The question is still unsolved. I want to focus on first 9 songs… That is the best material here, so that's why I want to consider it in more detail. Alright, let's start with the good part and the good part is concentrated in vocals. Ivan did a great job with pitch shifted settings. These half water, half vomiting noises sounds very beautiful and deep. Also I caught a few good guitar riffs and thats all… The rest of the noise is not so positive. The guitar tone sounds very dry and deflated… That has a bad effect on the face of the band. The drum machine sounds flat and annoying, especially in the blasting moments… But I can't say that Cannibe is not a Gore band. This is Gore, but very specific. Rating: 5.5/10 Cannibe fb

Released by Endwar Records