Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Atomçk - Every Room In Britain

So after 3 years of silence, our English croquet players are back to us with a brand new album. Hooray! I guess the main reason why I'm so interested in these guys is their uniqueness. In some unimaginable way Atomçk were able to curb their own insanity and turn it into music. Also (of course in my own opinion) this album stands out not only with the sound side, just take a look at this cover art. Luke Oram created something really interesting… I guess it's his own view on expression of “our mind is our prison”. Well I must admit that this character and these buildings has pretty dismal atmosphere… The album starts off with a distorted very short noisy and strange intro. The tracks that follow it are full of thrashy grindcore structures, sound, riffs and they are charged with the high energy of fast blasting hardcore. These noises sewed the seeds of madness in me, haha! As always these guys make their focus on demonic tempos and dynamic riffs (believe me, this album is rich with these things). The guitar sounds really well, its sound is not super low, but it has good crashing power. The vocals that Linus delivers sound aggressive and evil. Except for the usual “grind roaring” he uses some pretty unique kind of vocal. These short and super high screams sound so strange, haha! And of course I must note a good drummers job, he didn’t fail on any of the fast parts (I don’t know how many times he re-recorded his beats but result is really great). Every minute of “Every Room In Britain” is worth listening to. Rating: 8/10 Atomck fb

You can buy this LP thru Rip Roaring Shit Storm Records!