Friday, February 17, 2017

Disfare - Self​-​Titled (Abusive Noise Tapes)

In the last few years, the Asian grind scene has really grown. I'm getting more and more emails from there and I hear from new bands all the time (of course, don’t forget to check the old ones). Eventually this tape with the latest Disfare’s recordings fell into my hands. The first thing I noticed is that this tape doesn’t have a gorgeous or spectacular design, but these Indonesian guys show high musical skills. I can really feel that these guys gave their best. Their metal grindcore is very strong and feels like a sledgehammer. I was pleasantly surprised by the good sound quality; you can clearly hear every instrument, but with no plastic sound effect. Something tells me that these Jakarta residents are very fond of the Nasum and Wormrot oeuvre (their influence is obvious). To sum it up: crisp guitar riffs like a blade on the sawmill, a rhythm section hammering the listener like a jackhammer, and vocals that will blow away all what’s left of your remains.


And here some bonus info. This cassette was released in an edition of 50 pieces (so don’t sleep, because than it will be too late) and contains 9 destructive (like jet-propelled projectile) songs. 

Rating: 8/10     Disfare fb    Disfare bc 

Buy this cassette at Abusive Noise Tapes!