Sunday, December 11, 2016

Grossty - Crocopter (Transcending Obscurity)

It's difficult to say objectively why in one of the most densely populated countries in the world, there is so little number of extreme bands. I can hardly count on fingers of one hand, an Indian grind scene and it's sucks. In the dense flow of different information I noticed a small note about new Grossty album. I remember I was still surprised because I have thought that the guys have split up long time ago, and after a while I have got that CD in my mail. So my friends, now we will plunge into the atmosphere of Indian grindcore :) From all grind bands from that land which I heard, Grossty was the most into grindcore way (I mean whole materials and sound). These guys were silent for 2 years as it turned out all this time they hardly amass new material and rehearsed new songs. As a result is pretty amazing they have recorded 21 song. It's also interesting that final mastering was made in USA (I guess it's the main reason why this sound is fairly well). The album with a strange name “Crocopter” has a good grind nucleus but guys do not disdain to use the old and good hardcorew punk in their songs. Unfortunately, I can not say that this album is very diverse, but the fact that it not boring is 100%. It was nice to hear a lot of interesting rhythms and also a good blast beat... and I even cannot find here what are the big minuses in it, the only thing that I didn't like, it's the bass guitar sound that seemed frankly weak. One more thing that I liked it was a small part where local folk instruments were sounding; this has added a tiny drop of India in this merry noise. 

The craziest thing I left for the end. Look at this artwork! Probably many of you had some questions about what that artist eat or smoke))). After, being considered these acid and psychedelic drawings I saw a distant resemblance to the work of great masterpiece of Salvador Dali (I think that the artist is his fan). 

Rating: 7,5/10    Grossty fb   Grossty bc


 You can buy this CD at Transcending Obscurity