Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Gore / Hipermenorrea (Uterus Productions)

Very old and (in their circles) legendary formation Gore recently awakened from a long sleep and began to actively prepare new material. One of its last works was the split with the Mexicans Hipermenorrea. Thanks to the efforts of the german Uterus Productions office, this material has been released in vinyl format. A disgustingly and worthlessly designed outer sleeve (I only like half-rotten skull with red hair, which reminded me of the old gay David Mustaine, ahaha) hides a beautiful, bloody red vinyl inside of it that we are going to put on the platter right now :)
All bands have ups and downs, the same happened to Gore ... but I assure you that these songs are anything but a failure! Brazilian luchadores provided very good and stinking record. Perhaps most of all I liked the sound of the guitar here, and rhythms and riffs reek of old-fashioned death metal. I do not want to offend the rest of the guys (vocals and drums are perfect), but the guitar is really what set the tone here.
I honestly tried to find something interesting for myself in the works of these Mexicans and just couldn't (((This flat guitar sound just gets on my nerves ... But the material is frankly weak, the pace of the songs is very slow in some places (I understand that the guys were trying to catch the atmosphere but it didn't work) ...
Rating: Gore - 7.5/10 Hipermenorrea - 4/10

You can buy this split thru Uterus productions