Wednesday, February 4, 2015

G.O.D. & Violent Restitution (Mercy Of Slumber, Addiction To War, Tacocalypse Records, Grindfather Prod, Third Eye Grind rec)

I guess you could say that this was released in the New Year holidays. Holy Grind Nicolas put it under the Christmas trees for every child who has been a good boy or girls during the year, and if not, they got Lady Gaga album)) Thanks to cooperation of 5 labels this split of two great Canadian bands Grotesque Organ Defilement (G.O.D.) & Violent Restitution made it out in public.
Artwork was made by pretty famous guy Pierre, who’s also an owner of legendary Brain Dead zine. Piere makes artworks for a lot of bands, main theme of his art is heroes of different old horror movies. That’s why I love his artworks. This cover reminded me about a great movie “The Blob”: unknown substance that devours everything that stands n its way, no matter what it is, human, building or machinery!
First band to introduce their music is band from Vancouver, Violent Restitution! When I was looking for information about them I was pretty amazed by fact that there’re two girls in the band. To be honest, when I started to listen this split I was about to shit in my pants because of vocals here! Inside the cover there are info that the vocals of Oula from Death Toll 80K are also there. So these two vocals totally blew my mind, very loud and sinister! Oula and Mya both get “A’ for their job!)) Overall, that’s pretty solid mix of punk, grindcore and crust (I also believe they’re all about DIY, hehe)
The second band on this split is a band from Peterborough. They’ve recorded their material long time ago in 2011. And it’s great they took it out and finally released it. Last year G.O.D. have become one hell of a find to me. This Canadian concrete mixer will rattle your brain and make your ears suffer, hehe! If you dismember Phobia, Agathocles, Regurgitate, Dead Infection and then mix it into something new – the result will be G.O.D.!!! They have a great mix of grindcore\goregrind with screaming and pitched gore vocals! Superb!


Rating: 7.5/10 9/10        G.O.D.       Violent Restitution