Friday, September 5, 2014

Alea Iacta Est & Controlled Existence 7"


One day I was drinking great Brazilian coffee, there was Baywatch on the TV and overall the morning was good. But my rest was disturbed by sudden knock on my door. I thought it was people from recruitment office, but it turned out to be postman with a package for me. Inside this package was split of great Slovakian band Alea Lacta Est and Controlled Existence from Czech Republic. Slovakian grindcore is pretty recognizable, like Czech goregrind, even if someone wakes you up in the middle of the night and ask you what's this music, you wouldn't make a mistake, heh! ALE presented 6 tracks, and the last one is very considerable trump card - Insect Warfare cover (track - Human Trafficking)!! The songs are great, such as band. Now, to Controlled Existence, animal welfare advocates, as I get it by the cover. 8 tracks of blasting fastcore/grindcore, after some time i realized that there's a woman named Lyubov on the vox. CE really impressed me with their material. I listened to this 7" quite a lot, so I guess you would do the same, 'cause this split is really good!
For contact:
Alea Lacta Est 

Controlled Existence

Rating: 8/10